Friday, March 30, 2007

Why am I blogging?

I am starting a new chapter in my life. I'm almost 26 and I feel like I'm just starting to learn how to truly live. I'm sure I'll have another benchmark later on that will perhaps give me a similar feeling. For now, I'm starting to learn that living well, is living whole.

I have taken a new approach to how I will conduct myself in my living:

Your life is a gift from God. What you do with it is your gift to God.
I don't know about you, but when I receive a new gift I really like, I care for it, I tend to it, I don't abuse it. I like it so much, my attention is always on it. The same goes for my life. Since I'm starting a new chapter in it, I am going to treat it like a new gift by tending to it and not neglecting it.

I will create balance in my mind, body and soul. These things I will share with you through my writing.

Body: I've been doing my best to eat really well, follow my naturopathic doctor's advice, exercise, etc.

Mind: I've been inspired to read a lot of studies on my health, become my own doctor, and read scripture.

Soul: I am attending an awesome and inspiring church, I'm learning how to be inspired by the Word of God (and not man) and I'm feeding and filling my soul with songs and messages that will help me in any situation, good or bad.

I'm not going to put my life on a shelf, and let it go unused and create dust. No, I am going to use it by sharing the talents within me with others. Thus, this blog to share with you.

This blog provides a mechanism for me to share with you what motivates and encourages me. If I feel something is helping me become a better person, I would be selfish to hold it in and not share. This is also a wonderful way for me to archive the random thoughts I have.

Romans 12:6-8
We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

Ecclesiates 3:12
I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live.

No comments: