Have you ever seriously thought about the food you eat? Have you ever considered the effects your food and everything else that enters your body is having on your brain?
It is so important to maintain balance in what we eat:
"Your brain must manufacture the right proteins and fats to do things such as grow new connections or add myelin, the fatty sheath to axons. You do this by digesting proteins and fats in food and using the pieces, that is, the amino acids and fatty acids, to make the new brain proteins and fats. Without the correct amount and balance of particular building blocks, your brain will not work properly. Too little (deficiency) or too much (overabundance) of the necessary nutrient can affect the nervous system." -http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/nutr.html
Oh my goodness. So when I finally decided to start living more balanced, first I changed my diet. I figured, if I eat better, perhaps I'll get more motivated to do more with my body and think more clearly. It worked!
As you digest this little bit of motivation, also take into consideration all other things that enter your body through your mouth. Are you creating a deficiency or overabundance? Are these things controlling your neurons?
Do a google with the ingredients in the food you eat day to day. For example: high fructose corn syrup + the brain. You'll amazed at what you find. Here's a little bit of info on what I found:
"[High fructose corn syrup] does not allow the release of the hormone that tells the brain you are full. Hence, you overeat." -http://www.sprol.com/?p=236
Ever wonder why Americans are over-weight?? Now we know!! Ha! Educate yourself, my friend. Your body is fragile and complicated, the more you know, the less you're likely to mess it all up.
Achieve balance in your life! All things that are related to our body, mind and soul - let's try to balance them out. When these areas are balanced, I'm convinced you and I will see excellent and motivating results.
I encourage you to share what you have googled. Click on comments and let me know what you found out about foods your eat and the impact on the brain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow I'm not sure I WANT to know what the foods I eat do to my brain. Somehow I don't think cheetos and root beer will come up with favorable google hits!
dear, really nice.
keep up the good work
Really very nice article, dear.
keep up the good work.
tc
Post a Comment